Refer to the video on this feature at our YouTube Channel.
Rolling forecasts are the most powerful cash flow management tool available and are easy in CashFlowMapper™. Every day, your plan moves itself forward by one day. This includes cash balances and all transactions within your plan.
- Before you start, you need to set your time zone so that CashFlowMapper™ will roll over your plans at midnight your time. Refer the article on Time Zone Setting.
Rolling and Static Plans
Starting with a Static Plan
All plans default to a static status. That is, all plan details and transaction builder definitions only change when you change them.
- Note the opening cash balance, start date and end dates of this plan.
- Closing balance on the 12th of September of $47,682.68.
- Insurance payment due on the 15th of October - $15,000. It’s a few months from the start date of the plan…
See later in this article for the effect of rolling this plan.
Converting a Static Plan to a Rolling Plan
Once you convert a static plan to a rolling plan, it can’t be reversed. If you want to keep the original static plan, make a copy of it and roll the copy.
Rolling Plan - Features
A rolling plan will:
- Change its Start date to today whenever you open it. The End date moves forward by the same number of days.
- All transactions move forward to reflect the rollover.
- You can roll over an existing plan or create a rolling plan from scratch.
- All features of CashFlowMapper™ are available in rolling plans – editing (you’ll edit opening cash every time you open your rolling plan for example), scenarios, merging, graph overlays, linking to accounting packages, and exports. With merging note:
- Merging rolling plans will create a rolling plan.
- Merging a combination of static and rolling plans will create a static plan.
The static plan in 22.214.171.124 is rolled over on 13th September by checking the “Rolling Plan” box.
- The opening cash balance is $47,682.68, which was the closing cash balance as at 24th
- The start date is 25th
- The finish date is 14th May 2024 – the plan spans the same length of time as the static plan shown earlier in this article.
In the model, note now:
- The plan starts on 13th September.
- The $15,000 insurance payment due on 15th October is now only weeks away!